Whether you’re camping or staying in our self-catering accomodation, Cae Du Farm Holidays is an excellent base for accessing local walks or visiting local attractions. In the village of Bryncrug, about 4 miles away, is the Peniarth Arms that offers good food. Less than 5 miles away Tywyn offers a wide range of amenities, including shops and a supermarket, a newly refurbished cinema and train station, crazy golf and leisure centre with indoor pool. Some recommended restaurants in town include the Proper Gander and Salt Marsh Kitchen.
Amongst the best places to eat in the area is Sea Breeze on the sea front in Aberdyfi (9 miles), George III overlooking the Mawddach Estuary in Penmaenpool (14 miles) and Glan yr Afon in Pennal (15 miles). There is also a good Indian restaurant in Fairbourne (8 miles).
There are a number of attractions within a short drive, such as Talyllyn railway, Castell y Bere castle, King Arthur’s Labyrinth, Coed y Brenin Mountain Biking Centre, Harlech Castle’s world Heritage Site and Portmeirion. To the south of Tywyn is the harbour village of Aberdyfi with a lovely sandy beach, sand dunes, cafes, quaint little shops and the famous golf links course.
- Local footpaths
- Wales Coast Path – from Rhoslefain (2 miles), head north towards Fairbourne or south to Tywyn and then along 4 miles of golden sand to Aberdyfi
- Dolgoch Falls Walk – a short walk to a series of waterfalls which cascade down a rocky wooded ravine in the mountainside into a deep pool below. 5 miles
- 12 mile, spectacular circular walk that incorporates a visit to Castell y Bere (a 13th-century Welsh castle) and Craig yr Aderyn, a dramatic scenic feature and a wonderful viewpoint. 9 miles
- Cadair Idris (2,930 feet mountain walk) – one route starting from Llanfihangel-y-Pennant (9 miles) and climbs steadily on the southern section of the pony path. 10 miles
- Mawddach Trial, which follows the course of the disused estuary railway from Morfa Mawddach to Dolgellau or barmouth – one of the most enchanting gentle walks, or bike rides anywhere. 9 miles from your Tywyn cottage
- The country lanes are perfect for cycling
- Mawddach Trail (see above). 9 miles
- coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 21 miles
- Felin Fraenen Beach is privately accessed only to our campers or self catering accomodation guests
- Tywyn beach – sandy beach along with a promenade and paddling pool. 5 miles
- Fairbourne Beach – two mile stretch of golden sand on low tide. 8 miles
- Aberdyfi Beach – long sandy beach – perfect for a family holiday. 9 miles
- Bwlchgwyn Pony Trekking Centre, Fairbourne – suitable for anyone over 4 years. 8 miles
- Surrounded by sea, rivers and lakes, this is one of the best all around angling locations available. Try your hand at some shore fishing in Tywyn and Aberdyfi (4 and 9 miles respectively), lake fishing in Tal-y-Llyn (10 miles) or river fishing on the Dysynni (1 mile). Read more about fishing in the Tywyn and Aberdyfi area.
- Watersports in Aberdyfi includes sailing, paddleboarding, sail boarding, rowing, canoeing, fishing and boat trips. 9 miles
- Aberdyfi Golf Club – 18 hole golf course. 9 miles